- Place the basil, lemon juice, walnuts and cheese into a food processor.
- Whizz the ingredients up until it becomes a paste, scraping down the sides of the food processor a couple of times. While the food processor is running, slowly trickle in the olive oil until it becomes thick, oily and drizzles off the spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before whizzing once more to combine. Scrape down the sides again and into a serving bowl.
- Slice the mild goat’s cheese and the beefsteak tomatoes. Arrange the tomatoes on a serving plate and add slices of the mild goat’s cheese to the top of the tomato slices. Drizzle the Mature Goats Cheese Pesto on top of the salad. Tear off 6 or 8 fresh basil leaves and lay them on top of the salad.
- Serve fresh and at room temperature.