- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C/Fan 160˚C/Gas 4.
- Tear up the bread into a large mixing bowl. Add dried fruit, cranberries, and spice. Pour in the milk and stir well to break up the bread completely. Add the eggs, muscovado sugar, and lemon zest. Mix it well and leave to soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Grease the pudding moulds with 20g melted butter and dust them with the flour.
- Stir 100g of melted butter into the pudding mixture and stir well. Pour the mixture into the pudding moulds. Sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (depending on mould size) until firm and golden.
- Best served with a vanilla custard or double cream.